Thursday, March 12, 2009

Some of my Ornament Examples

Hello again everyone! Today, I wanted to share some ornaments I found as well as a short description of why I think they work as an ornament




















The top one is a necklace. I choose this one because of it's decorative flowers on it. I also believe that necklaces are the simplest forms of ornaments. The next two are picture frames. I believe they too are simple forms of ornaments. You see, my thought at ornament is you take one object, (in this case lets say the necklace), and you add other, (the flower), and you get what?... the same necklace but more decorative. This is also true in furniture and architects even when ornaments were first introduced and it is also the main concept or idea I will follow in my project for Project 2 for Drawing III class. Also, going off this, I wanted to add that I also truly believe that ornaments are things that are, in most cases, unnecessarily. For example, the picture frames could just simply be a plain picture frame, but when ornaments are added, it still is the picture frame but the psychological reasoning or thinking behind it changes.

No comments: