Monday, September 22, 2008

Check this book out!

"Bridgman's Complete Guide to Drawing from Life"
George Bridgman
Editor: Howard Simon

This is a GREAT book that I ran into and picked up! It's prefect if you would like to learn more about the human anatomy. It's got just about everything you need to know about all parts of the body. I'm going through this book little at a time. Picking up tips and tricks where ever I can. Go to your local library and check it out. It's prefect to what I am learning right now in my Life Drawing II class at college and it's great for other independent studies of other areas that you may have trouble with.

1 comment:

MeganHarder said...

I notice the contour lines on the top spinal bone following the shape effectively creating two planes.
I notice the contour lines coming closer together as they recede in space
I notice the same heavy line weight around the edges, and the same light line weight in the contours.
I notice a diagonal line on the ribs to separate the planes as it curves in space.
I notice the thinness of the inside circle plane on the close up of the spinal bone