Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Some of my artworks at Stout

Title: Space in Time
Media: Color toothpicks w/phone ball and fishing wire
Description: Out of the Box concept. To show space and volume in a 3-dimensional representation.
Artist thoughts: When I was deciding what I should do to show space and volume, I didn't know where to start. I remember thinking to myself the night before class when our ideation were due, that I wanted my form to be chaotic and somewhat corrupt. (kind of like time) I started looking at works from Cornelia Parker. One in particular was her work titled "Anti Mass." Her work was the inspiration and ultimately the result of my work "Space in Time." I guess you can't see it well on this image, but the other side of the cube is broken and has the feeling that it has collapsed or started to deteriorate. The toothpicks there then looks chaotic, but at the same time, draws viewer's eyes into the broken section.

No comments: