Monday, February 16, 2009

Art and Science

Nature Versus Technology

Oooo, sorry I didn't have time to update all of you guys about my first project here in Drawing III. Been a little busy with everything that I just didn't find the time to scan all my sketches out, but here they are finally.

Okay, about my project, it's going to be based around the theme or concept of nature versus technology, (like I stated before in the previous entry). I wanted to show how, as technology increase and spread out into our daily life, how that may affect the environment. It's really an unconscious thing because we really don't think about it very often and it just happens. So I wanted to do a drawing that has the effects of technology infused in nature. However, me being highly influenced by comics and movies, I wanted to do something really fantasy based. So from that thought, I decided to do something that I haven't done before, and that is environment concepts. (On to the RESEARCH!!!)

Environment concept, if you haven't guessed it already, is a concept that shows the bigger picture and idea of what an environment would look like. This is heavily used in any production big or small. Some of you may even have seen some of these concepts floating on the internet with video game and movie production. So why is this a big deal for me? Well, environment concepts are highly perspective based and that, to be quite honest, it's really more of an interior designers strong point. I'm actually a multimedia, working with animation or 3d. So this is really new to me and I'm really doing tons of research on perspectives! On the sides here, you can see me poking around with point perspective.

More prespective studies I've done

















An idea of what I have going on so far.












Another thought I wanted to clearify is, I'm drawing these in my sketch book first then I'm turning them in as digital and refining them in there. I will have one final drawing done for Project based on what I have worte here on my blog. (I guess I works like my process book in a way too =p)

No comments: