Monday, February 23, 2009

ProjectONE Final

FINAL

"Beyond the Clouds"

Here is my final touch on my project. As you can see, I added more organic to the front to give that sense that this miracle will survive. It's also ironic that I decided to leave the grass and tree in black forms when they are the representing probably the only living thing left on this planet. That is because I wanted to show that this is somewhat like a "secret" miracle, but more so that this was in a place hidden from the elements that will destroy it. I also thought a lot of adding human figures but swayed away from it. Let me know what you all think. This project took me over two weeks to finish. (Including research, etc.)

Artist notes
The project again was Science and Art. So I took science from both ends of the spectrum, technology and nature, and came up with the theme of "Nature versus Technology." I wanted to show what would happen if one just so happens to over take the other. However, I really didn't want to make this look similar to those that have already try to attempt this theme. In my work, I wanted to theme to be calm and quite, not aggressive as if both sides are at each other's throat intentionally.

The way I set the scene up is to puts the audiences into the pieces as if you yourself was hiding in the shade peering out into the ruined land. This gives you a sense of wandering and adventure as you're trying to look past the grubs and tree into the landscape. First, you see the plant that are trying to survive. When you look past that, you see the tortured land and how bad they are by the colors and textures. Just over the beaten up land, you see the source of the reason why this land or planet is in bad shape, the smoke stacks and factory like buildings. Then, beyond the clouds, the only thing there is the sun trying to peak through the popluted sky but then you notice that everything in the sky is pretty much just blended together. Setting up the scene as it is, you relaize that you are in the prespective of the plant trying to get energy from beyond the clouds.

No comments: